<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Un Partido de Futbol 

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI noticed that I was getting a ton of traffic from people searching for the translated lyrics of the Guatemalan love song so exquisitely sung by Jane Lynch in the 40 Year Old Virgin. Lynch garbles the first line a bit, and takes some liberties with Spanish grammar, all of which really challenged my rusty Spanish. E finally had the brilliant idea of playing the DVD in dubbed Spanish, and we discovered that Lynch's Spanish dubber sang it much more clearly. Then, just for fun, E compared it to the French dubbed version, which was delivered by the French dubber in a hilariously sultry/smoky cabaret chanteuse sort of way. I would love to hear the German dubbed version, since each dubber can't seem to resist putting her cultural stamp on it.

Anyway, here are the Spanish lyrics.
Cuando limpiado mi cuarto
No encuentro nada
Adonde va con tanta prisa?
Al partido de futbol


Which roughly translates to:
When my room is cleaned
I can find nothing
Where are you going in such a hurry?
To a soccer game

Comments:
Haha. Thank you so much for this
 
Actually, I did what you said about listening to it dubbed. GREAT idea by the way! The first line is "Cuando llego a mi cuarto" which means "When I arrive at my room"
 
Thanks for posting that! Ha ha...so fun! :)
 
Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?