We're really trying to get administration buy-in instant message reference. They want a demonstration, and this is what I fear will happen as they're all gathered 'round my computer screen.
Patron: I need some of the uses for pi
Librarian: Hello, welcome to IM reference. Do you want some practical applications for pi?
Patron: Yep
Librarian: According to Encyclopedia Brittanica, it can be used “in various formulas of physics and engineering to describe such periodic phenomena as the motion of pendulums, the vibration of strings, and alternating electric currents.” It can also be used in cryptography, to describe the DNA double helix, analyzing the ripples on water…
Patron: That's not the kind of pi I mean
Librarian: I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understand your question
Patron: I mean hair pi
Librarian: Excuse me?
Patron: Do u have big tits?
Librarian: Your question is inappropriate and I must end this session.
Patron: Aw come on help me out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Library Record as Window to the Soul
I know I am breaking a cardinal rule of blogging by updating my blog so pathetically infrequently. I am continuing to suffer from post partu...
-
Because rain and damp release odors embedded in the clothing, skin and hair of our patrons, there has been a lot of airborne funk at the lib...
-
I know I am breaking a cardinal rule of blogging by updating my blog so pathetically infrequently. I am continuing to suffer from post partu...
-
Perhaps ‘tis the season, but lately I’ve been feeling this wondrous feeling of synchronicity, the likes of which a person experiences in th...
No comments:
Post a Comment