<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sofa-Cum Bed Plus Loveseat 

Image hosted by Photobucket.comOur guests will no longer have to sleep on a blowup bed. Isn't it pretty? Billy Jack and Spoon love it, too. See them glaring territorially down upon high at Dixie, my cousin's black lab. E found the sofa sleeper bed on Craigslist. While going through the ads she came across one entitled:

Sealy Sofa-Cum Bed Plus Loveseat

Eeewww. Is cum  really the wisest word choice in an ad about a sofa bed? I know that it's just a fancy word for 'with,' but it is also a less fancy word for something else, something that everyone fears is spattered all over a used piece of furniture, causing hideous, unspeakable stains. I almost feel like writing the seller, probably some senior citizen innocent, to alert them to the connotations of the word cum, especially when used with loveseat.

Comments:
Poor, poor Dixie.
 
The name reminds me of some of the furniture that might have been in my old fraternity house.
 
I love sleeping on my pottery barn sofa! It's very comfortable!
 
Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?