<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Seek Medical Attention @ Your Library 

Image hosted by Photobucket.comA man approached the desk and asked if we had any videos on spiders.

"What kind of videos about spiders? Are you interested in nature videos? Do you want to learn more about them?"

He groaned and shook his head back and forth. "I JUST NEED A VIDEO ON SPIDERS. Look here, I got bitten by one." He placed his hand on the desk. My colleague and I both gasped, because his hand was the size of a puffer fish, with two oozing puncture marks on the back about 1/2 an inch apart. I couldn't even imagine a spider with fangs that size.

"You should see a doctor right away! That could be a brown recluse or black widow bite! Do you want me to find the nearest clinic or hospital?"

"Just get me a video on spiders."

"Sir, we don't have any except a children's video about spiders, lizards and snakes. You won't learn anything in there to help you with that bite. Can I get you some first aid information about spider bites?"

"I don't want a book. Don't you understand, I can't read! I don't know how." His lower lip began trembling violently. He looked like he was going into shock.

"O.K., then, just tell me what floor your books on spiders are."

"Second floor, but please let me call security. They have have some first aid and can help get you some medical help."

"I just need a video on spiders!" He staggered off to the second floor. My colleague and I were at a loss as to what to do with someone who refused help. I wasn't sure if his reason was affected by shock. We were just about to call security when we saw a guard leading him out of the library.

Comments:
The most shocking thing about your blog is that I know you don't make any of this stuff up!
 
Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?