<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Quote of the Day 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com'It's a bit of a metaphor for my career. Like Icarus. That's all I'm saying. If you get it, great. If not, that's fine too... But you should probably read more."

Factory Records founder Tony Wilson, trying to hang glide, as played by English comic Steve Coogan in 24 Hour Party People.

I always liked this other Icarus painting by Brueghel. See if you can find him!

See if you can find Joseph and Mary in this painting of the Flight from Egypt.

I'm not sure if these artists were trying to find an excuse to do a painting of primarily a secular still life or contemporary landscape painting, or if they were making some sort of statement about how life goes on and people obliviously go about their business while these momentous events are occurring around them.

Comments:
I think I see him (or at least his arm) in the water just off the coast. Is that him? Near the ship? --Valerie
 
Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?