<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Men laying their trick money down 

Challenge o' the Day! The movie Seabiscuit was challenged the other day. 'Challenge' is a library term meaning a patron has asked that something be removed from the collection because the patron finds the material too offensive and objectionable to reside in a library. When asked why, the patron, an elderly woman, snapped, "Because that little jockey visits a WHORE in MEXICO!"

She was the spitting image of the boardroom member in Tommy Boy.

Boardroom Man (J.R. Zimmerman): "If this factory goes under, the whole town goes under."
Boardroom Woman (Helen Hughes): "And that's when the whores come in."
Paul: "Excuse me? What was that?"
Boardroom Woman: Looking with hateful resentment at her husband, who flinches. "Men laying their trick money down. $20 to pay the rent? Maybe instead I'll spend it on the whore. Whores running around doing their little behind shake for the menfolk."
Richard: "I kinda like her idea."
Boardroom Man: "For Christ sake, once during the war I visited a prostitute, and my life has been a living hell ever since."

Comments:
Ridiculous.
 
Wow, I wonder what they'll say when my book is published. Takes place in a major university library, has five explicit love scenes in it, and the protagonist hates working there. Not much to recommend to librarians or censors.
 
Can I challenge the ubiquitous "Upstairs, Downstairs" for general rotten behavior? I've never uderstood why every public library in the country has the complete collection.
 
Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?