<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 18, 2005

I forgot my mantra again 


About five feet away from the reference desk I heard a man talking to himself in a breathy whisper. There was a rhythmic, repetitive quality to what he was saying, as if he were counting off a rosary or chanting a mantra. When I subtly leaned over to listen I discovered he wasn’t saying Hail Marys but “I’m going to kill myself, I’m going to kill myself, I’m going to kill myself, I’m going to kill myself.” Occasionally he would shake his head and laugh with manic cheer, but then he would start up again. I nervously kept an eye on him the rest of the evening, worried that he was going to stop abruptly, look over at me and say, “I'm going to kill my - Wait, not myself, YOU.” Anyway, if "I'm going to kill myself" is indeed his mantra, then he needs to have a serious discussion with his guru.

Comments:
on a lighter note...

BEST GOLDBLUM PERFORMANCE EVER!

perhaps un-coincidentally, he's only in the movie for about a minute.
 
For years, I thought that line was "I forgot my montre" and I thought that was the gag - using the French word for watch. Then I moved to LA.

Also, honk if the police station that Woody walks out of towards the end of Annie Hall is across the street from where you live.

Just me, then?
 
Ha ha - that's really funny. I didn't think that many people shared the same sense of humour as I did.
---
Iggzactitude is the soul of the wit.
 
Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?