<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Gimme my DAMN money! 

Hello from New Orleans and happy birthday to Eleanor!

Dan and Eleanor were here last year when the local R&B/Soul station was throwing a contest called "The Thousand Dolla Holla." The radio station would call listeners randomly, and to win a cash prize the listeners would have to answer their phone exactly, "Give me my damn money!" Of course, the contest was over an extended period of time and the contestants would never know when they would be called, so most would forget to answer each of their phone calls that way. The radio station would broadcast all of these recordings of losing contestants answering their phones, "Hello. Oh, NO NO NO! God no! I meant gimme my damn money!"

Comments: Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?