<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 07, 2004

Money, Money, Money

Not much is free in this world anymore, except Loretta.

Phone call I received yesterday at work.
"You got tax forms?"
"We have reproducible federal and state forms. You can make a copy of them for $.10 a page."
"You mean you don't have them to hand out? I have to pay for them? Well, that fucking sucks!"
Click

My cousin Garrett volunteering at the needle exchange.
"Yeah, so my husband, he's in a wheelchair and can't make it so I need you to give me his needles too."
"Ma'am, we can only give out 20 needles per person. I can't give you both your needles and your husband's needles. He needs to come down here in person."
After a lot of indignant huffing, "What? Damn. Look, I don't know how much money you're making off all of us..."
"Ma'am, the needles are free, and we're volunteers."

From a librarian comrade's blog, Sex and the Library

This woman came in today and asked if we had typewriters. I gave her the
spill about yes we do, and they cost a quarter for about 10 or 15 minutes (I
couldn't remember). She scrunched her face up and said, "What? They cost
money to use?"
"Yes."
"Damn! That's Ghetto!" Then she wandered off grumbling to her friend, "This
is a Lieberry, they should be free, that's so ghetto! This is America!"

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?