Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Daily Coyote

I so hope that this is not going to end in "The Yearling" style heartbreak, but I'm adoring the photos for now:

http://dailycoyote.blogspot.com/

A cousin was telling me how when he lived in Jackson Hole he saw a coyote slink up in broad daylight and snatch and carry off a 15 pound pug that had been sunning itself on his neighbor's porch. And not to be its bride, I'm afraid - no trace of the pug was every found. His neighbors had just moved from New York City and found out the hard way that a pug, defenseless in every way, is not the best choice of pet in Wyoming.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, apparently Pugs are a good choice in Juneau:

http://juneauempire.com/stories/020807/loc_20070208018.shtml

Anonymous said...

Oops, the above link should actually be:
http://juneauempire.com/stories/020807/loc_20070208018.shtml

Anonymous said...

I prefer the daily peyote.

Anonymous said...

I"ve heard that this even happens in Nashville, TN. -They have quite the coyote population near their large metro park. Sad day for pet owners!

WDL said...

where art though ol' foxy?

WDL misses you.

xo,
WDL

Library Record as Window to the Soul

I know I am breaking a cardinal rule of blogging by updating my blog so pathetically infrequently. I am continuing to suffer from post partu...