E captured the dogs in a deadlock over a toy. The two photographs, although they look identical, were actually taken 30 minutes apart. On this particular occasion the dogs remained at an eerily silent standstill for over an hour, as delicately and precisely balanced together as pieces of a Calder mobile. At various times one would doze off, but even so his or her jaws remained locked down on the plastic Nylabone with the tenacity and pounds per square inch force of a gila monster.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Mexican Standoff
E captured the dogs in a deadlock over a toy. The two photographs, although they look identical, were actually taken 30 minutes apart. On this particular occasion the dogs remained at an eerily silent standstill for over an hour, as delicately and precisely balanced together as pieces of a Calder mobile. At various times one would doze off, but even so his or her jaws remained locked down on the plastic Nylabone with the tenacity and pounds per square inch force of a gila monster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Library Record as Window to the Soul
I know I am breaking a cardinal rule of blogging by updating my blog so pathetically infrequently. I am continuing to suffer from post partu...
-
Because rain and damp release odors embedded in the clothing, skin and hair of our patrons, there has been a lot of airborne funk at the lib...
-
I just read Neil Gaiman’s "The Problem with Susan," a short story whose title is a play on Lewis’s The Problem of Pain . Susan is ...
-
I know I am breaking a cardinal rule of blogging by updating my blog so pathetically infrequently. I am continuing to suffer from post partu...
2 comments:
My partner and I do this over the last french fry.
There is no way! Every time I look up at those 2 pictures I start laughing. That is perfect, it reminds me of my dogs except that it puts their standoffs to shame.
Post a Comment