Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Laundry Day

Image hosted by Photobucket.comA patron reported that a woman was washing clothes in one of the first floor bathroom toilets. The woman had the stall door open and the patron could see her bent over, both hands immersed, a little pile of clothes next to her. She said that she watched the woman would scrub away, examine the clothing and then flush the toilet repeatedly for the 'rinse cycle.' Apparently, this is not an unusual occurence and our toilets are occasionally clogged when a sock or piece of underwear inadvertantly gets sucked down the pipes.

3 comments:

ShellyS said...

I've spotted women bathing in the women's bathrooms at various libraries, but this is the first I've heard of laundry day.

Swordspoint said...

I wish one of our patrons would use the toilet to wash with. Clothes, body, the whole shebang. He REEKS and when he moves away from the reference desk or just walks by, you can smell him for at least 10 minutes after. I'd even supply some soap.

Librarian Girl said...

I wonder what happens in libraries that have self-flushing toilets. Perpetual rinse cycle?

Library Record as Window to the Soul

I know I am breaking a cardinal rule of blogging by updating my blog so pathetically infrequently. I am continuing to suffer from post partu...