I hope Bizgirl reveals his reasons for inventing Bizgirl's identity because I'm curious. I guess he doesn't owe anyone an explanation, although if I were his wife the whole situation might give me pause. The internet is rife with such fabrications, and his was fairly harmless as they go. I've always suspected that Belle Du Jour, the blog of a London call girl, was a man. Was it just for kicks? Was he practicing and gearing up to write a New Zealand style Bridget Jones? Although Bizgirl won best blog of the year in New Zealand, I thoughy the blog was really kind of innocuous and bland and didn't do much to either harm or help librarian stereotypes.
Saturday, November 13, 2004
Bizgirl is Bizman! And probably not even a librarian.
I hope Bizgirl reveals his reasons for inventing Bizgirl's identity because I'm curious. I guess he doesn't owe anyone an explanation, although if I were his wife the whole situation might give me pause. The internet is rife with such fabrications, and his was fairly harmless as they go. I've always suspected that Belle Du Jour, the blog of a London call girl, was a man. Was it just for kicks? Was he practicing and gearing up to write a New Zealand style Bridget Jones? Although Bizgirl won best blog of the year in New Zealand, I thoughy the blog was really kind of innocuous and bland and didn't do much to either harm or help librarian stereotypes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Library Record as Window to the Soul
I know I am breaking a cardinal rule of blogging by updating my blog so pathetically infrequently. I am continuing to suffer from post partu...
-
Because rain and damp release odors embedded in the clothing, skin and hair of our patrons, there has been a lot of airborne funk at the lib...
-
I just read Neil Gaiman’s "The Problem with Susan," a short story whose title is a play on Lewis’s The Problem of Pain . Susan is ...
-
I know I am breaking a cardinal rule of blogging by updating my blog so pathetically infrequently. I am continuing to suffer from post partu...
No comments:
Post a Comment