<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 20, 2007

Mannequin 2 - On the Move 

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI got a call the other day from a man who wanted a local mannequin manufacturer. When I could find no evidence of the company he angrily disputed my spelling of mannequin, insisting the word was spelled "manican." I told him that there was no company with either spelling and he seemed crestfallen. He then asked for the closest manufacturer. He wasn't interested in used mannequins, or mannequin stores. Only a manufactuer would do.

Eeeewwww. I got the creepiest vibe from him. There was this unseemly, yearning excitement in his voice, and I got the impression that he needed to speak to a manufactuere was going to make himself the perfect woman, manufactured to his specifications, one with a specially placed...pocket. Or perhaps he's going to give dress it up in fancy dress and keep a jar with a pickled human head next to it in a car in a storage unit like in Silence of the Lambs.

Mannequins have been the stuff of nightmares to me since that Twilight Zone episode about the mannequin on furlough. Those wretched Andrew McCarthy movies about them certainly didn’t improve my opinion of them either.

Quit staring at me!!! Quit it! Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Comments:
Some guys at work were passing around a documentary of a subculture of men who marry their mannequins- and these mannequins are indeed life-like silicone sex dolls. I never got a chance to watch it though it sounded fascinating and creepy. I don't know what it was called.
 
Creepy.

... Dream crusher. LOL!
 
I still think about that Andew McCarthy movie when I see Samantha from Sex in the City. Can't help it.
 
Your post made me think of this- www.realdoll.com. One of the creepiest things I have seen, but maybe it keeps them off the streets.
Sparks
 
Yes, I was going to send you to realdoll.com, too -- creeeeepy
 
Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?