<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ref Grunt 2 

Image hosted by Photobucket.com A drifter with hopes of becoming a carnie roustabout asked me to provide him with dates and locations for local fairs. He had a dusty bandana tied around his forehead. A leather fringed vest framed massive shoulders well suited to hoisting circus tent poles. I looked up some local fairs' websites and turned the computer screen toward him so he could look at the results. One of the websites had an image of two Asian women in scanty circus show ring attire and his face lit up when he eyed them. He then reached toward them and began stroking their tiny pixillated bodies with his grimy finger. As he ran his finger up and down them he said wistfully, "Ay! Chinas..." He continued for a few seconds, smacking his lips, lost in his lustful reverie until I interrupted with a, "Sir! Please don't touch the monitor. It's not good for it."

Comments:
chinas?!

i think that beats "orientals". oh, carnies...
 
If you become a university librarian, you'd be dealing with such fascinating questions as "If the bound periodical hasn't been checked out since it was bound, 75 years ago, why can't I have it for more than 3 hours?" and "Is Russian Chemical Reviews in Russian or English?"

It could be so much worse, couldn't it?
 
The carnies have their own trade paper, Amusement Business (from the publisher of Billboard). Classifieds included (and linked).

Longtime reader, first-time commenter. You rule. Foxy for ALA President!
 
Your blog rocks. I was just randomly blogger-surfing, found it and immediately bookmarked. Thanks.
 
I'd like to put a link to your blog on my blog, if you don't mind. It's the first thing I've seen in a long time that's funny (excluding Alain De Botton). I want all my readers to see this. If you object, let me know -
 
Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?