<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Braaains...Internet...Braaains...Internet 

The doors of this branch are glass so when patrons crowd outside waiting for the library to open they can see me inside milling about or seated at the reference desk. I can feel them watching me. This library is always busy, but now school is out and our neighboring branch is closed for remodeling so we have even larger numbers than usual. Today well before we opened a mob had already formed. Just like the cannibalistic zombies in the shopping mall of Dawn of the Dead, they were pressing against the glass, trying to get in to eat my brain and/or get first in line for the internet computers, fogging and fingerprinting and smudging up the glass as they pawed at the doors with horrible, mindless intent.

I really shouldn't think of my patrons in this way.

Comments: Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?