<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 17, 2004

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I was visiting with the salty old broad while on duty at the reference desk (librarians call it refgrunting) when I heard the sweetest little voice exclaim, “FUCK!” This adorable little Asian girl, maybe 11 years old, was apparently frustrated with the response time of our computer booking software. Now maybe she thought that it was a language free for all since there was a reading of Harold Pinter’s Homecoming going on the upper level of the library, but that language is in the context of literature. There is a difference, you know. She even managed to shock the salty old broad who said, “Now that was uncalled for!” Even though while I reprimanded her she gave me that look I hate, that look that British officers call ‘dumb insolence,’ I let her off with a warning rather than revoke her computer privileges like I should have.

Comments: Post a Comment

Sign up for my Notify List and get email when I update!

email:
powered by
NotifyList.com

Creative Commons License

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?